If you own an eBike then you’ll know that cleaning and lubing your chain is a tricky business, as the crank doesn’t spin backwards like a regular bike unless it’s flipped upside down. But this can scratch components, or if you use an Allen key in your crank bolt it can get stuck in the bolt, or worse, damage your precious cranks!
Our electric dream cleaning tool will help you maintain your chain, allowing to pedal backwards whilst lubing it up. It means you don't have to use an allen key or flip the eBike upside down, helping to protect your frame & crank from scratches or damage. Take a closer look as Chopper takes you through the pocket power of this awesome eBike gadget.
- Precision Machined, 6061 aluminium body with a screw cap
- Inner polypropylene tool bit holder contains: 5mm, 6mm Hex & T30 Torx bits
- Rubber O-ring reduces water ingress into tool bits
- Silicone sleeve protects bicycle crank when backpedalling
- Corrosion-resistant neodymium magnet snaps tool bits into place
- Handy size can be taken with you anywhere
- Allows drivetrain cleaning, maintenance and lubing to be completed easily
- Anodised finish in Muc-Off pink!
How to Use:
- Unscrew the top cap then remove the tool bit holder from inside the body.
- Select the appropriate tool bit for your crank (5mm, 6mm Hex, T30 Hex) then place the tool bit holder back inside and re-screw the top cap on.
- Place the selected tool bit into the end of the tool. You will feel it magnetically snap into place.
- Place the tool bit into place on your crank bolt, ensuring it is in straight and central.
- Slowly backpedal until the crank buts up against the silicone sleeve on the body of the tool.
- Rotate the crank backwards whilst holding the pedal to carry out your cleaning and lubricating regime.
- When removing the drivetrain tool from the chain bolt you may need to pedal forward slightly.
- Carefully remove tool and store tool bit back inside tool bit holder
NB: Periodically spray a protectant such as HCB-1, MO-94 or Bike Protect onto the end and magnet to ensure there is zero corrosion